Here we go again, We’re getting another three to four days of surprise heat wave with temperatures in the 90°s and 100° starting tomorrow. Today will be high 80°s. I am so sick of this heat, I could scream. Thank goodness I moved in 12/2013. Otherwise, it would have killed me.
Jig Zone Puzzle:
Today’s took me 3:29 (average 5:22). To do it, click here. How did you do?
From Daily Kos (classic 3/2010): Dear Dr. Laura:
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God’s Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination… end of debate.
I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God’s Laws and how to follow them.
- Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can’t I own Canadians?”
- I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her
- I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual unseemliness – Lev. 15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence
- When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord – Lev. 1:9. The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
- I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2. clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
It’s and oldie, but it’s worth the rerun. Click through for the rest. Dr. Kauffman’s friend is wrong. Owning a Canadian is our God-given right!!
From NY Times: THE prime minister of Canada, Stephen Harper, has called an election for Oct. 19, but he doesn’t want anyone to talk about it.
He has chosen not to participate in the traditional series of debates on national television, confronting his opponents in quieter, less public venues, like the scholarly Munk Debates and CPAC, Canada’s equivalent of CSPAN. His own campaign events were subject to gag orders until a public outcry forced him to rescind the forced silence of his supporters.
Mr. Harper’s campaign for re-election has so far been utterly consistent with the personality trait that has defined his tenure as prime minister: his peculiar hatred for sharing information.
Americans have traditionally looked to Canada as a liberal haven, with gun control, universal health care and good public education.
But the nine and half years of Mr. Harper’s tenure have seen the slow-motion erosion of that reputation for open, responsible government. His stance has been a know-nothing conservatism, applied broadly and effectively. He has consistently limited the capacity of the public to understand what its government is doing, cloaking himself and his Conservative Party in an entitled secrecy, and the country in ignorance.
Click through for the remainder of this excellent editorial. The author, Stephen Marche, has Stephen "The Whoremaster" Harper (R-Canada), Fuhrer of Harpers Harlots, pegged.
From Raw Story: A liberal guest shouted down former George W. Bush spokesperson Mercedes Schlapp on Sunday after she tried to claim that Jeb Bush would not have trouble defending the Iraq war because Democrats voted for it knowing the intelligence was faulty.
During a discussion on Fox & Friends, Accountability Project Executive Director Nomiki Konst said that Republican presidential candidate George W. Bush was trying to “reinvent history” of the Iraq war.
Faux Noise Bag Alert!!
Note how the Faux Noise décolletage blonde kept interrupting the Democrat every time she started to make a fool of the Republican liar.