Because the prospect of Willard Romney becoming President is so horrific, it is probable that I have not put sufficient focus on the many reasons to voice for Barack Obama. I received an email last night, which I will fully share. I don’t thing the Obama Campaign would object. In addition, Rachel Maddow did an excellent presentation on Obama’s accomplishments.
25 reasons from 25 people who are voting Obama:
1. "The Affordable Care Act is saving my daughter’s life."
2. "Obama is for the vets. He helped us wind down in Iraq, he’s improved mental health policy with VA benefits."
3. "Obama stuck his neck out for us, the auto industry. He wasn’t going to let it just die, and I’m driving in this morning because of that, because of him."
4. "Osama bin Laden is dead, and General Motors is alive."
5. "Supreme Court Supreme Court Supreme Court."
7. "He cares for the 100 percent."
8. "When Obama came into office, he successfully renewed our country’s place in the community of nations, making cooperation in tackling the world’s challenges possible."
9. "The actions he has taken with respect to protecting us from terrorism have been very, very solid."
10. "I was really very grateful to him for standing up for those kids who are having a really rough time out there because of their orientation."
11. "For me, President Obama is our best choice because he has a vision of the United States as a place where we are all in this together."
12. "He has a real plan for rescuing the economy that passes the ‘math’ test."
13. "Having someone in office who understands how powerful our voice can be is very important."
14. "I am voting for Barack Obama and Joe Biden because I can trust them to care for the middle class and restore the American dream."
15. "The first measure he signed into law after becoming president was the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act — so a female high school counselor or physical education teacher can fight for equal pay for equal work."
16. "I believe in the America he wants for my grandchildren."
17. "We need four more years of repair, of helping the middle class achieve a sustainable economy."
18. "I’ve watched him fight for our country, stand by the middle class, the working class, the military, the education of our children, universal health care, women, the environment, and matters of national and domestic security."
19. "The gifted 12-year-old I taught, whose parents were deported and left her here with her grandmother, will be allowed to stay and finish her education. She’s been in the U.S. since age one."
20. "I want our president to place scientific evidence and risk management above electoral politics."
21. "I have four children who are under 26 and able to stay on my health care plan. That’s been huge."
22. "He’s fighting to defend and better Social Security and Medicare — because millions of Latino seniors rely on them."
23. "Thanks to the President’s efforts to keep student loan rates low, I can expect to save nearly $1000 as I work to repay my student loans. And I don’t have too many of those, thanks to the Federal Pell Grant program."
24. "It’s been wonderful to have President Obama as a champion for access to health care for all women in this country."
25. "Re-electing Barack Obama would lead to a stronger economic recovery than would be the case were Mitt Romney to win on November 6th."
That should be enough right there, but Rachel Maddow discussed Barack Obama’s accomplishments during his first term.
There you have it. Barack Obama would deserve your vote, even if Willard Romney wasn’t a walking disaster.